Beginners Guide to Web3
- Blockchain foundations
- Ethereum 101
- Ethereum Development, Smart contracts & DApps
1. Blockchain foundations
New to blockchain? Let’s start with a bit of the history and its foundations that motivated the creation and development of blockchain.
- A Cyberphunk’s Manifesto, Eric Hughes
- Why decentralization matters, Chris Dixon
- The Promise of the Blockchain (VIDEO), Vinay Gupta
- The shift from open platforms to digital commons, David Bollier
- Deconfusing decentralization (VIDEO), Greg Slepak
2. Ethereum 101
Now that we have an understanding of where we’re coming from, let’s dive in a little bit deeper into the fundamental components & building blocks.
- Bitcoin Whitepaper, Satoshi Nakamoto – the original whitepaper that started the current trend in blockchain technology: Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
- Ethereum Whitepaper, Vitalik Buterin – a next-generation smart contract & decentralized application platform
- Ethereum Yellowpaper, Gavin Wood – a more technical version of the Ethereum whitepaper
- Smart Contracts, Nick Szabo
- Ethereum in 25 mins (VIDEO), Vitalik Buterin
- How does Ethereum work, anyway, Preethi Kasireddy
- Mastering Ethereum (BOOK), Andreas M. Antonopoulos, Gavin Wood. Or view it on GitHub
3. Ethereum Development
Once you’ve gone through all (or at least most) of the above, you should have a solid grasp of all the concepts. So now we can finally move on to the fun part: actually building stuff!
To get a full, comprehensive overview of the Ethereum development landscape, check out: